Friday, July 25, 2008

2 Timothy 14

Tossing and turning all night. Couldn't sleep. Finally got up, washed my face, and opened my Bible. Opened up to 2 Timothy, one of my favorites, and began to read the words I've read before. Verse 14 stood out- as if I've never read it.

"Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you- guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us."

Wow. I'm sure I've read this many times, but this morning- it really hit me. We are commanded to guard the good deposit that is entrusted to us. I began to then dig in and question God what it is that He has deposited in me, and how am I supposed to guard it.

I spent some time meditating over the words, through prayer and reading and I did not seem to find "the deposit" God has placed in me. However, God did show Himself in this. God has trusted me with something! God has trusted each one of His children with something so unique, something so individual and perfect according to who He has made that child to be. Isn't that amazing? Each one of us- He has trusted us with something! As I continued to pray and read I came to realize this: If He trusts me then I must make it my first priority to do the work He trusts me to do.

In the latter part of the verse, "guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us," we are instructed to guard it (Christ's deposit in our lives). In seeking Christ's desire in my life as to how I am supposed to do this, He instructs me to continue to seek His will, and open my heart to the workings and teachings of the Holy Spirit. This, is an area that I feel that I must continue to grow in.

My last question that I really sought God's reply on this morning was "Lord, how do I seek your Spirit for protection?" he replied, "breathe in me." This would require me to make it my utmost desire to be in continual prayer and seeking His truth in His word.

I thought I would share this with you this morning, because it really is amazing that God trusts each and every one of His children with something so specific. Maybe, if we all were reminded of this more frequently, we'd be more apt to seeking His work and seeking, exactly what it is that God has entrusted us with today!

Love you all! Praise God, for He is soooooo good :)
Have a WONDERFUL day!

No comments: