Saturday, July 26, 2008

conquerors...

Oh, what a wonderful day. 11:07, cloudy and dark outside...and i LOVE it. I hope it rains today.....i feel like playing in the rain :))) Anyways...

Last night I was babysitting my two favorite children (Trysten and Laken) and I just kept looking at them and watching them play and giving them big hugs and kisses. Much of the time I was there, I was overjoyed being with them, but also deeply saddened- thinking about my girls in Zambia. Deeply saddened as we went to the beach, knowing that many many millions of children have never experienced playing in water. Later that evening we snuggled on the couch, just the three of us, and watched a movie before bed....how many little kids have the opportunity to snuggle up on a couch, wrapped a blanket, with people they love, and watch a movie. I just kept looking in Laken's eyes and thinking about my little girls in Zambia- thinking that they have no one that loves them like this- no one to see the beauty in their eyes, no one to snuggle up and hold them. No one to kiss them, no one.

well today as I was spending some time with the Lord, I came across Romans 8:35-39 which says, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written. "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all things we are more than conquerers through him who loved us. For I am convinced that nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. "

Nothing can separate us. We are conquerers. So despite hardship, famine, danger, and nakedness, my little orphans in Zambia are still the Children of God. Nothing- nothing- can separate them from that!!!!!!! I found it striking to read the words, "we face death all day long." All day-everyday- we are facing death! Some of us are facing death in more physical ways: famine, sickness, disease...others of us facing death in emotional ways: fear, doubt, mistrust, stress. Some of us face death each day when we are surrounded by lies, gossip, drugs, alcohol, sex, and wicked mouths. Despite the differences in what we face each day, we are all facing death! All of us! Each and everyone of us- every day! It is in choosing to follow Christ that we step away from these things, and chose to walk in life and peace. Christ speaks through this by saying if we are truly in Him, choosing to walk on the path to true life, then nothing can separate His children from His love. Awesomeness huh?


all glory and honor and power to Christ the King-

LOVE YOU ALL!

we are conquerors- conquerors through the love of Christ!

No comments: