Thursday, July 24, 2008

the days go by....

Yay! What a great day today is. I'm loving the morning breeze that is coming through my windows--it is so beautiful and gentle. The birds chirping outside, singing their happy songs, and the flowers and leaves moving gently with the wind. I love summer.

So things around here are doing just fine. I've been spending the majority of my days alone, partially because usually my family is gone, but also because most of my friends are working and so- yah, lots of alone time.

One thing that I have been doing is working on adding more discipline to my life. Discipline in all areas: Spiritual, Physical, Intellectual, Emotional- the list goes on. This is one thing that I feel God has challenged me for this upcoming school year (which I'm ready to be back at Hope)- to be more disciplined. To do things such as spend more time outside, study harder, invest more fully into friendships, read more, and just really get in the mindset of living- living fully!

Many people are probably still wondering about my trip, and I am still at a complete loss for words. I feel terrible, but I haven't even gone to church yet- avoiding the confrontation. I know that seems terrible but I just don't know what to say. I will however, be going to church this sunday and sharing much of my testimony from Zambia, so I would appreciate prayers for that.

I miss Zambia- I really do. I question sometimes, why it is that I had to come back? I question why it is that God has me here? Through talking with many people though, I really have come to find that God has me here for a reason- I struggle in this moment to find what that may actually be.

Zambia is not only beautiful in the scenic sense, but also in a spiritual sense. So many of us (including myself before I went) think that the whole of Africa is one huge hell hole- with poverty stricken people and AIDS. Well after meeting these people, I found myself standing completely humbled and corrected. The Zambians I met are some of the most amazing people that I think I will ever meet. They have such an amazing outlook on life- even amongst all the poverty and disease. They are so very advanced on spirituality, making them even more open to Christ and the love He shares.

Well, I love and miss my girls terribly. I really am praying for an opportunity in the near future to go back and see them. I hope that if there is anything in you that desires to do something like this- that you open up your heart and ask God for the opportunity. If it is His will, He will make a way!

May God continue to pour his blessings on you!

LOVE YOU ALL!
Have a wonderful day!

Praise the King!

1 comment:

Megs said...

I started reading your blog today, and I love it! Thanks Soph for filling me in on your life. I miss you, but I'm so glad we got to talk before I left. You're completely right. God is SO good.