Tuesday, June 16, 2009

tune my ears

There is something about this place that stills me.

I am constantly reminded that tuning my ears is far more important than loosing my tongue, and in that, I become still.

So much of me longs for a day where I would be able to converse with these lovely people in their language. So much of me, as we go out visiting children, wishes I could easily just talk with them. Despite the difficulty to communicate verbally, the Lord has revealed to me this:

In my most intimate times with the Him, words are not used. Words, meaningless jumbles of letters and sounds, honestly just create greater division. Similarly to intimacy with Christ, the more and more time I spend with the orphans here, the more and more I realize that intamacy with them is not reached through words, rather it is fostered in silence. My tongue need not be loose- my voice need not be heard- my ears must be tuned - my heart open.

I am yet again, asking for forgiveness, for my words seem to fail so much of what I experience here. I am easily annoyed with my inability to express basically everything I experience here however, just as I begin to listen, the Lord begins to speak.

"But the Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him." -Habakkuk 2:20

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." - Psalm 23:3



All I can think of is little Bianca.
We've never shared a word, yet, a love so deep runs thick between us still.
I believe this is the Love our King has for his children, indeed.

Jesus, tune my ears.

No comments: