Friday, June 26, 2009

elsewhere...

I will begin by a few words from a song I love,

"The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty, let all the earth rejoice, let all the earth rejoice."

Over the last few days, the splendor of the King surely has been demonstrated. I am unable to even truly touch on his majesty, and humbled in knowing that I cannot begin to fathom how great our God really is. It is incredible to be in the position I am, and I often wonder who am I to be so blessed as to be able to experience His love so tangibly each day.

I've been working on a piece of writing to capture what is is that the Lord has me here for. As I reflect and ponder on my experiences it is simple. The moment I pick up my sharpie, my scribbles turn into rubbish. I simply cannot spit it out.

It's extremely frustrating. Not only do I desire to work on this piece, but I also long to capture the beauty of every encounter that lingers in my mind. I think back on so many, recently and long ago, that I still have yet to find the prose. I long to put them on paper, allowing the beauty of each precious adjective to describe realities. I long to include them in my beautiful collection of treasured writings, rising to life in a journal given to me by my dear, Korrine. I simply cannot do it though.


more later.

No comments: